This brass cabinet face plate is one of the most simple and elegant we have come across. It's called a "button and zipper" plate, as the two rings resemble buttons on a fancy suit, and the bolt is held permanently in place to lock and unlock the cabinet like a zipper.
When installing this piece note that the two vertical clasps that hold the sliding bolt in place have different size notches underneath; one keeps the bolt from escaping and one lets it slide back and forth. It's an ingenious and practical way to keep the slide bolt from ever getting lost.
- Total assembled measurement is 9.45"W x 9.45"H x 0.67"D (240mm x 240mm x 17mm)
- Pull measurement is 1.65"W x 1.65"H x 0.24"D (42mm x 42mm x 6mm)
- Washer Diameter measures 1.18" (30mm). Boring distance (distance between attachment points) measures 1.97" (50mm)
- Total length of the key measures 4.3" (110mm). Post section of the key measures 3.3" (85mm). Post diameter measures 0.2" (5mm)
- Includes a set of 1.9" (48mm) soft joining pins and a set of 0.6" (15mm) nails